Thursday, February 5, 2009

Title: WANNA BE

Category: INSPIRATIONAL

I wanna be like Shakespeare
Who wrote without shame or fear
That great knight
Who wrote Twelfth Night
A model to his generation
And a gift to creation
I could live in England
And lead the royal band
I could even meet a Juliet
Before the sun would set

I wanna be like Nas
Spit lyrics reaching to the stars
Grab just one mic
And say whatever I like
Or get myself a gun
And call myself God’s son
Win multiple Grammy awards
As I speak eternal words
Become a rapper’s rapper
And a true show stopper

I wanna be like Leonardo Da Vinci
And paint with get dexterity
Masterpieces like the Monalisa
And the Last Supper
I wanna sit with Madonna on the rock
And have some good talk
I could have my works in the Louvre
Masterpieces that last forever
Live eternally in every heart
Through my priceless works of art

I wanna be like Bill Gates
Be richer than all my mates
Be the computer genius
And make more billions
Come up with novel ideas
And conquer all my fears
Be a household name in my state
And rub shoulders with the great
Have a supportive wife
And live the very good life

I wanna be like Arsene Wenger
Arsenal’s glorious times harbinger
Grab the English Premiership
And get a ‘hall of fame’ membership
Inspire players to play harder
And form a whole new cadre
Constantly thrash Manchester
And make Alex Fergusson stutter
Try out some new method
And get another unbeaten record

I wanna be like Cristiano Ronaldo
Live in soccer’s El Dorado
Wear the jersey number seven
Play better than everyone living
Win the English Premier League
And the European Champions League
Become the soccer hot cake
That every club wants to take
Make a great name
In the world’s greatest game

I wanna be me
There’s a real me I see
I see a new being evolving
A giant developing
I see in me a unique pacesetter
And a true go-getter
I see me getting everything I want
Without ever having to hunt
I believe in the new me I see
And that’s why I’m gonna be me


POEMS- Gbenga Olowosile
www.gbengasile.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment